Thursday 12 September 2013

Jinn open a twitter account


Did you know? Even ‘Jinn’ has twitter account: believe it or not, it has been reported, and published in a Saudi Arabic language daily ‘Ajel’, what it described as a copy of twitter account whose holder is claiming to be Jinn.( see Emirate 24/7 June 05 2013) If true, what led the Jinn to open a twitter account ? My guess is, probably his new found passion to speak his mind that led him to communicate with us humans. I myself had no passion for writing, or had any idea that I can write, and almost had no knowledge of social media, until Allama Delwar Hussain Sayeedi was wrongfully arrested and put in to prison by tyrant government of Bangladesh Awamileague. I became very angry and resentful at their unjust treatment of him, and the corrupt nature of their governance. Out of my frustration, I began exploring ways to express myself. It wasn’t long until one day, some where in the mist of time, when I had seen one of my sons frantically typing on the computer which read ‘facebook’. I was about to give away my ignorance, and ask him what it was, but then I said to myself, “what would my son think of me? Dads old, lives in an analogue world”. This thought did appear to me for a moment, but before I could say anything, my son began, in a rather timid tone, “Its facebook dad, I am not doing anything illegal.” And he began explaining to me what social media was all about, and how to go by. I had a sense of relief: now I have something of a platform to express myself, and reach out to those who would listen, at least to kick off a debate about the injustices that are happening in Bangladesh and the world with impunity.

 
I begun my first facebook interaction, and soon began to write.  I guess, what drove me to writing was my concern for injustices that I saw Sheikh Hasina, the Prime Minister Bangladesh was committing on the people of my country. She led anti-Islamic policy, arrested and tortured opposition leaders and intentionally took the inactive to secularise Bangladesh to a faithless society. I wonder how many people like me did Sheikh Hasina made disgusted by her policy, who had not been her opponent before? Perhaps a lot more than she can think of, and certainly we have many examples in our circle, who had never spoken a word about Bangladesh politics, and now they are ardent supporter of fairness, and justice in Bangladeshi politics. So, this is my little story coming to facebook, and as for blog, well, I had no idea what a blog was until one day, Lubaba Amatullah, a facebook friend suggested to me to that I should  open a blog, as she thinks a blog has a wider audience to convey message, and she is absolutely correct in this, as I have witnessed that my writing is not restricted to only to my friends circle but I have people who have viewed my post from the four continent of the world. But I wasn’t about to open a blog just yet, so to please her, I begun posting in a community blog,’kaagoj.com’ until one day, Sophiasewell, and Noman Khan inspired me to take that extra mile to open my own blog. So here I am, like the twitter Jinn, experiencing the world of blog, and disseminating information for the benefit of humanity.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment