Wednesday 11 September 2013

New Easy Bangla Translation of The Quran is to be lauched on the market very soon


One of the barrier to understanding the Quran is the inability to understand the Quranic Arabic language. Many of us read translation in our preferred language as oppose to directly understanding from the text of the Quran. Although there are available translation in almost all languages of the world, but not many translations use of language are easy for an average layman to understand. I am glad that a project has been intiated by UK scholars to translate the Quran in easy to understand language for our Bangladeshi immigrant population in the UK ,and all over the world.

 

Today, after the Zuhor prayer, I met one of the man involved in translating Bangla to more easy Bangla. Many of you may know Jonab Farid Ahmed Reza to be a poet ,columist and a literary critic of Bengali literature. I have  personally known him to be a former  secondary school teacher of my two young boys. When they were at his school, I often used to met him in parents evening, but then I didn’t know that he had other talents, especially critiquing  Bangla literature. Now I see him in almost everyday, but at a different capacity; we have some ideological commonaility, and in that respect he is my Deeni brother and a neighbour. Every Tuesday he rans a Tafsir session at the local mosque for our elderly seniors, and number of times I had the opportunity to sit in his circle and listen to his Tafsir in purely Sylheti language. I must admit his choice of language is very easy, and more than once I copied his mood of delivery when I was called to give a dars of Quran at a different location. So I am expecting a very easy to understand translation of the Quran in Bangla from this man. Every one should buy a copy when it comes out on the market very soon Insha Allah.  However, I would recommend to those who really want to taste the beauty of the Quran, they should learn the Arabic language, as there is no comparision to the language of the Quran.

 

3 comments: